So you saw my Candy Explosion Skillet Blondie, right? Yeah, drooled all over that.
But what were you supposed to do with all of the Junior Mints and York Peppermint Patties? You were hoarding them as “after dinner mints,” right? Well…
They’re not after dinner mints. Nope. They’re minty fresh, yes, but they’re made for something more.
Yup, Mixed Up Mint Brownies. Start unwrapping! It’s time for minty fresh brownies!
Oh, and I totally used a gluten-free brownie mix, but you can use whatever you love.
- One box of brownie mix (I used Trader Joe's gluten-free brownies)
- 1/2 cup oil (canola or vegetable)*
- 1/4 cup water*
- 1 egg*
- 2/3 cup Junior Mints and chopped up York Peppermint Patties
- Line an 8x8" baking dish with foil or parchment, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Follow the instructions on your box mix to preheat your oven and mix up your batter.
- Once the batter ingredients are being mixed together, fold in the mint candies.
- Bake for the time indicated on the box being careful not to over-bake the brownies.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting and serving (I find it easiest to cut them after they've been refrigerated for an hour or so). Serve with vanilla ice cream or on their own. Enjoy!
- *This is what was called for on my box mix, so use what your mix calls for.
Moment of gushy love stuff – I’ve been married for one whole month now! Wow time is already flying by!