I had never had a Dirty Chai Latté until…last week.
Yeah, sorry. I’m slow. Sometimes.
So, in case you’re slow too and have no clue what a Dirty Chai Latté is either, let me break it down for you: chai tea (obviously), espresso (woah), milk (come to mama, unsweetened almond), and sweetener (awe, how sweet). Consider yourself schooled.
Ready to make one?
So so simple.
This is really more of a “how to” than a recipe. But, that just lets you know it’s easy peasy.
First, you’ll steep your tea! Use a large tea cup and fill it 2/3 of the way full with hot water and your favorite tea bag (I love using a loose leaf tea). Steep for 5 minutes (or however long the bag recommends).
Then, you splash in your milk. I love using Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk, but use your favorite! You’ll want to add in around 1/4 cup.
Next up, espresso. Yup, give yourself a good buzz shot there. I add 2 shots, but you can do whatever fits your fancy. And after that, stir in your sweetener. Sugar, Stevia, Splenda, whatever. I don’t care, just use what you love. I love Stevia, so I’ll stick with that.
And…nothing could go wrong with a shake of cinnamon! Nuuuuuthin! Shake shake shake.
This is sure to be your new favorite morning drink!
- One Chai Tea bag or prepared loose leaf tea strainer
- 6-8 ounces boiling water
- 1/4 cup milk (I use Unsweetened Almond)
- 1-2 shots of espresso
- sweetener (to taste) (sugar, Stevia, etc)
- cinnamon (optional...maybe)
- Steep your Chai Tea bag for the recommended amount of time, 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of milk to your tea.
- Add 1-2 shots of espresso (depending on your love of espresso).
- Stir in 1 tsp. of sweetener (and adjust to your liking). I use granulated Stevia.
- To finish, sprinkle on cinnamon. Enjoy!