If you couldn’t tell by today’s title… my family is from Denver and we are SO excited about the Broncos being in the Super Bowl!! Woohoo!!
I’m not the biggest sports fan on the planet (that award would go to my husband), but I do pay attention to a little of everything. Come Super Bowl time though, I morph into a BEAST!
My dad and I place our bets and I become the competitive monster that lies deep within me. And I love to win and HATE to lose! You should hear me scream at the TV during the Super Bowl. It’s somethin’ else. Who am I?!
Anyways, because my family is a Broncos family, we had to do our bets differently this year and bet on the score versus betting on the teams. Fine by me. I’m gathering my snacks and ready to throw down!
Snacks! Right! That’s the other half of the Super Bowl (third? because of the commercials? or fourth? because of the Puppy Bowl?). The food! I have an amazing snack ready for ya! And if you’re a Muddy Buddy (or Puppy Chow) fan, then you’re gonna be floored.
Yeah, there might be some beers in the background of my photo…hey, it’s the Super Bowl, so let’s be realistic here!
My Honey Nut Broncos Buddy Mix! Yes, you have to cheer for my team if you’re going to eat my snack. If you go and make this and call it “Honey Nut Seahawks Buddy Mix” and use different color sprinkles…GET OUT! (kidding…but not really…I’m serious…)
This is Muddy Buddies to a whole other level! Added crunch from corn flakes, irresistible honey roasted peanuts, team-themed sprinkles, white chocolate…PEANUT BUTTER!!!! Yeah, good stuff. No, scratch that, great stuff.
Yeah, this stuff…
You know this is your favorite part…shake shake…
Yes, I’m done yelling at you. Yes, I’m hyped. Go make this. You’ll be hyped too. Go team!
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup corn flakes (I prefer Nature's Path because they're thicker)
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Jif natural)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate (I prefer Ghirardelli white melting chocolate)
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. sprinkles (blue and orange please!)
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and peanuts.
- In a bowl in the microwave or in a pot on the stovetop, melt together the peanut butter and white chocolate and stir until completely combined. Pour over the cereal/nut mixture and use a silicone spatula to stir everything together.
- Transfer the mixture to a large zip-top bag (this is the easiest way to do it in my opinion, but if you'd prefer to stay in the bowl, go for it). Pour in 1/2-1 cup of the powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake it all together. Add the sprinkles to the bag and shake it all together.
- If you prefer a thicker coating of powdered sugar on the mixture, add 1/2-1 cup more of powdered sugar to the bag (and more sprinkles) and shake it all together again.
- Pour into a large bowl for party snacking or bag into individual bags for cute gifts! Enjoy! Go team!