My Thick & Creamy Iced Coffee is dairy-free, sweetener-free, tastier and cheaper than a coffee house or bottled variety iced coffee. You’ll never go back, and you’ll be ready for Iced Coffee Season.
The second the sun starts coming out, I rejoice for Iced Coffee Season!
That’s a real thing, right?
It’s warm and your arm skin is tingly from being exposed for the first time in months…your eyes are all squinty and you’re rummaging through your closet for all those cute sunglasses you bought at Target last year…you’re grabbing flats and heels that color coordinate with the flowers that are blooming…
Iced Coffee Season!!!!
Ooo! Berry season too!!
And I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing better than iced coffee from a coffee house or a bottle. And when you make it at home…it’s all watered down and disappointing, right?
Well, after buying a few expensive but crazy tasty iced almond milk latte bottled drinks, I knew I had to find a way to make it at home. No, I didn’t want just coffee over ice with milk. I wanted it creamy and thick, yet pourable! I wanted it sweet without adding sugar or Stevia or ANY sweeteners.
And…well, I know I did it! And you’re going to be shocked and amazed. Now, grab those sunglasses, throw on some cute flats, and get your arms out in that sunshine. It’s Iced Coffee Season! Hooray!
- 1 Tbs. over-ripe banana*
- 2 soaked dates**
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Califia Farms)
- 3/4-1 cup strong-brewed coffee or espresso
- In a blender (I use a Vitamix but you can use whatever works for you), combine all of the ingredients. Blend really well until creamy and no particles remain.
- Serve over ice! Enjoy!
- *think of the banana like a stick of butter and cut off approximately where the 1 Tbs. mark would be
- **soak dates in water for 2 hrs to overnight to make them soft and plump. I keep several soaking in water in my fridge at all times.
Want a snack with your Thick & Creamy Iced Coffee? Of course you do. Make these. Stat!