A Super C Smoothie is the ultimate way to get your Vitamin C in for the day. Between the orange juice and the Camu powder, you should be singing in the sunshine by the time you’re finished with this smoothie.
Now! This smoothie is one I made especially for my husband.
He gets sick a lot, especially as the seasons change and allergens kick up. Apparently Memphis ranks in the top 3 worst places to live if you have allergies. Lucky us.
So, I think the allergens also kicked up fairy dust because my husband literally requested that I start making him a smoothie in the morning for breakfast (I’ve been asking him if I could make him breakfast for years now, only to be turned down every day…but I’m persistent…). Holy schnikes! And, because if you tell him anything has Vitamin C in it, he’ll grab it like it’s made of gold, I knew I had to make him a C-packed smoothie.
A Super C Smoothie!
Camu powder is literally the most Vitamin C packed powerhouse you can buy! It’s 100% worth it, because you get everything you could need for your whole day with just 1 teaspoon! Yes.
And, because spinach is a powerhouse too, I’ve added it as a Superfood Addition. Please add it. You won’t regret it. It blends in, doesn’t add taste, and boosts your smoothie. Plus, a bit of protein powder helps too and the protein helps the absorption of your vitamins and balances out the carbohydrates. If you care. If not, that’s cool too. Also, I’ve added a few strawberries into the Superfood Additions, because adding them turns your smoothie from an “orange cream” into a “sunrise” smoothie! All good things.
If you missed my ramblings on frozen bananas and cashews and smoothness in smoothies…check out my Honey Banana Smoothie recipe and you’ll get it!
Blend, enjoy! Then get outside and enjoy this crazy sunshine!
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. Camu powder (Navitas Naturals)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. raw cashews
- Ice, to desired thickness
- Superfood Additions: spinach, 2 Tbs. vanilla or natural protein powder (I use Vega), 2 large strawberries (preferably frozen)
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Add ice and blend until desired thickness (if you use all frozen fruit, you'll need less ice). If adding any Superfood Additions (like a few handfuls of spinach) add them now and blend.
- Add honey or stevia if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
This is not a sponsored post or recipe. Any brands mentioned in this post or recipe were mentioned because I use them, not because I was paid by them.