No-Bake S’mores Bars are gluten free, quick and easy! The iconic flavors of toasted marshmallow and milk chocolate meet up on a no-bake cashew cookie base. This will be your new favorite summertime recipe!
Let’s keep this no-bake train a’rollin! We’ve already made cookies filled with jam… but let’s get some chocolate in here. Seriously people.
Summer. Summarized. Right there.
So, because I’ve been craving some s’mores hardcore (the heat does that to a girl…so does smelling grilled food, flowers, people on bikes, puppies, bad days, good days, really good days…ok, everything), I had to make a gluten-free, vegan optional (did you know they make vegan marshmallows now? Not that I bought them for this…), NO BAKE giant friggin s’mores. YES.
And, you’re welcome.
- 1 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 (12oz) bag milk chocolate chips (I used Ghirardeli)
- 1 (10oz) bag of standard marshmallows
- Prep a 9x9" pan with parchment paper, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In your food processor (or food prep) combine the cashews, vanilla, coconut oil and water. Blend until it comes together to form a thick paste (2-3 min). Next, add the sea salt and oats, pulsing until well combined and the oats are in smaller pieces.
- Press your cookie base into an even layer in the bottom of your pan. Press HARD and pack it in firm.
- Melt your chocolate chips (either in the microwave, stirring and cooking in 30 second intervals; or over a double-burner). Pour the chocolate and spread it into an even layer over the cookie layer.
- Lay down your marshmallows into an even layer over the chocolate layer.
- Use a torch or place your pan in the oven, under the broiler, watching it closely so the marshmallows toast but don't burn.
- Let the pan cool, then place in the fridge (covered with plastic wrap) for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving! Enjoy!