Strawberry Almond Milk Soaked Muesli is a delightful, flavorful breakfast. Quick prep beforehand leaves you with an amazing, berry-filled summer breakfast in the morning, and a new flavor of almond milk you’ll want to drink all on its own.
I had the week “off” from my other job this week…which meant I relaxed for all of two seconds, spent two days in bed (except for a break for yoga) sick, then started pumping out treats in the kitchen. I think I went nuts and made Halloween treats too. Yeah.
So one of my favorite thing to do is prep breakfasts at night that are ready to grab and go in the morning. No excuses not to eat breakfast. Y’all already know I’m rolling in overnight oats (I happen to have 3 different flavors in my fridge right now), but muesli is my other love!
Muesli is basically granola but not stuck together with oils and sugars. I love it. And when you add dried fruits, they become plump and tender and release the most beautiful flavors into your bowl as they soak. Can’t beat it.
I think that the soaking liquid is just as important as the actual muesli is! If you have bland milk, then you have a bland breakfast bowl. Simple as that. So, I’m totally turning my milk into a fruit-filled experience!
For this breakfast, I threw together a quick mix of oats, seeds and nuts, then poured in (sloppily, because that’s real life) some delicious, summery Strawberry Almond Milk! So good!
It’s so easy too. For the milk, you’re basically whizzing together almond milk, strawberries, and honey. Then, don’t drink it, because you have to pour it over your muesli! If you have a bit more time for your muesli, make a big batch of this one, because it is SO good.
Ok, so prep, refrigerate (at least 2 hours, but overnight is the name of my game), EAT! Got it? Good.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbs. flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. shredded coconut
- 3 Tbs. chopped nuts (I used pecans and almonds)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large strawberries
- 2 tsp. local raw honey (or maple or agave, if vegan)
- extra strawberries for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the oats, seeds, coconut and nuts.
- In your blender, combine the almond milk, strawberries and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the Strawberry Almond Milk over the muesli. Stir well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let soak for at least 2 hours (or overnight) in the fridge.
- Garnish with more strawberries. Enjoy!