My Simple Fall Sangria is the perfect way to enjoy a sunny, breezy fall day. Fall fruits are juiced and combined with sweet red wine, mulled with more fruit and fizzed up with some seltzer. It’s easy, has no added sugars and is a gorgeous addition to your fall entertaining menu. Plus, I’m giving away a KitchenAid Easy Clean Juicer too!
For SEVEN years now, I’ve been sitting at a computer, writing about food. For seven years now, I’ve been a nuttzo taking pictures of cake and brunch. For seven years now, I’ve been my own boss and had the happiest work environment ever. For seven years now, my office has smelled like pancakes…or cake…or granola. It’s heaven.
It hasn’t all been rainbows and unicorns. I wish it has. I’ve lost advertisers, I’ve taken breaks for my personal sanity, I’ve juggled a baby and a blog, I’ve thrown a lot of weird crap into the trash, I’ve pitched myself to many companies just to hear “no”…
But here I am, still plugging along. Still making something different every week, still hoping you read it and think “I want THIS to eat!”
So THANK YOU. I can’t say it enough. The more of you that read and come back to see what I’m up to mean that I get to keep doing this for another year.
Sure, every now and then I honestly think, “I can’t do this anymore. I can’t hear “no” one more time from a company I wanted to work with. I can’t look at my analytics and see that so few people read that last recipe…”
But then I truly believe I can’t wake up in the morning not being the writer behind Treats With a Twist. I can’t give up interacting with readers, meeting creative genius minds behind other blogs, I can’t give up changing people’s days by offering them a treat. I can’t.
So cheers to another year! I love you all.
I’ve made us a cocktail! Because that so rarely happens. But we deserve it.
Simple Fall Sangria is just that. It is simple. It has NO sugars or super sweet liqueurs. It is totally sweetened by the juices of the fruits that are melding in it. Smart, right? I think so!
And this one is filled with fall fruit! Typically sangria has a lot of berries in it. But my Simple Fall Sangria really plays off of fall produce. I love Honeycrisp apples, so those are the highlight here. Orange and pear really add a special, complex fruity note to the finished sangria too. You’ll love it! And you’ll want a big pitcher during those sunny but breezy tailgating parties…or mid-afternoon lunches on the porch.
I used the easy clean juicer from KitchenAid for this recipe. You can quickly toggle from hard to soft fruits and back if you need to. I love that. And I love how sleek it is.
So, I’m giving one away to one of you! Seriously!
Below you’ll find the recipe and the giveaway widget. I hope you partake in both. Please read the “NOTE” at the bottom of the page before you enter so you know what’s up. xoxo
- 750ml red wine (one bottle)*
- 4 small-medium sweet apples, like Honeycrisp
- 2 medium-large navel orange
- 1 medium pear
- 24oz seltzer water (I went with cranberry LaCroix)**
- Juice on low: one orange (make sure to remove the rind). Juice on high: two of the apples and the pear.
- Into your pitcher pour the wine and juice. Chop up your remaining apples and orange (no rind) and add those to the pitcher. Let meld overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- To serve: either add the seltzer directly into the pitcher, stir, pour. OR add seltzer to each glass and top off with the sangria. Adding the seltzer to each portion makes it easier to put the sangria back in the fridge for another day, so it won’t go flat and just be filled with water. Use a long spoon to add some of the fruit from the pitcher to each glass you pour! Enjoy!
- *Choose a good wine. If you don’t like the taste of it, you’re working against yourself! I chose The Path: Pinot Noir and I believe it was $12. Don’t go over-the-moon expensive, but don’t buy the cheapest one you see. Make sure the tasting notes include fruit and less woodsy items (ie more cherry/blackberry, less tobacco/oak).
- **If you choose a flavored fizz water, then go with something that matches and something with no sugar or artificial flavors. Cranberry, raspberry, black cherry are all good.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NOTE: This is not a sponsored post. The giveaway is being provided by KitchenAid. The winner will be chosen via random drawing and notified via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim the prize. Winner must be a US resident. When you enter with the mailing list, you MUST go to your email and click “confirm” on the email you receive to be entered to receive emails and be entered into the giveaway. If you don’t confirm the email, your entry gets tossed because your name doesn’t show up on the final name tally. That’s it! Good luck! Oh, and yes you get to choose your juicer color. Love ya!