Berry Shortcake Chex Mix is my new favorite addictive snack. Real freeze dried berries are pulverized to a powder and coat delicious Vanilla Chex cereal. This recipe is so quick to put together and so fun to share (if you must).
How was your Fourth of July weekend?!
Did you stuff your face with hot dogs, guzzle sangria, get really tan, splash in a pool or lake, watch beautiful fireworks…? Wow, sounds like what I should’ve been doing (minus the sangria…sadly)!
We painted the nursery. By we, I mean on coat 1 I did all of the edging. And then I got a headache so I was kicked out of the room and told I huffed enough paint, so I wasn’t allowed back in. So hubby painted. Fine by me! I will say, the brightness of the room makes ALL the difference. I’m so happy.
We also snacked a lot. On Berry Shortcake Chex Mix. Ok, I snacked a lot. I couldn’t keep my paws out of it!
I swear this is probably the best Chex Mix I’ve ever made.
I made fresh cashew butter for this recipe, but you can totally use store-bought or even substitute some warmed up coconut butter. That would be amazing too. And the freeze dried berries are actually really easy to find. I know that Trader Joe’s carries them, but because I don’t have a TJ and you might not either, Target has them too where they keep all of the raisins and such.
This recipe is 100% made by those Vanilla Chex. I always tell people that they’re my favorite flavor. They taste like cupcakes! I swear. So you need them, because they add that “vanilla cake” undertone to the recipe.
This recipe comes together really quickly (if you already have your cashew butter made). I threw it together in minutes, then was snacking for days off of it, and had lots to gift to friends too. You’ll totally be addicted to this, so consider yourself warned.
- 1 (12oz) box of Vanilla Chex
- 1/3 cup (2 “squares”) Candy Quick vanilla melting chocolate
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 1 (1.5oz) bag freeze dried mixed berries
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a mini food prep or blender, blend the freeze dried berries until powder.
- In a bowl, melt the melting chocolate (30-40 seconds in the microwave). Stir. Add the cashew butter (make sure it’s stirred well). If your cashew butter was pretty thick, microwave the mixture for 20 more seconds. Stir together until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate and cashew butter over the cereal. Stir carefully with a silicone spatula.
- Next, pour the powdered sugar and half of the berry powder over the coated cereal, and mix well. Keep mixing, and keep adding a bit of berry powder until the cereal is completely coated.
- Let the mixture set for 15-30 minutes until everything is cool and set. Eat it up! Enjoy!
- Keep Berry Shortcake Chex Mix in a bowl covered in plastic wrap on the counter for a few days or in the fridge/freezer for a couple of weeks.