These no-bake Apricot Energy Bites couldn’t be more simple. You’re just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes away from a wholesome, energy-packed snack on the go! You definitely don’t need any packaged snacks with this recipe in your back pocket.
Let me guess…you’re on a diet?
Or perhaps you’ve committed to less processed food in your daily diet?
I applaud you! I do. For reals. I wish you nothing but self-love and success, whatever that may look like to you. Hooray!
I’m not on a diet and I don’t like the pressure of saying “I’m going to lose 10 pounds.” BUT I will admit, I’m starting an 8 week fitness challenge today that includes a meal plan. It isn’t restrictive in any way whatsoever, but the need to eat cleaner after a chocolate-filled holiday season is evident. Plus, the need to cleanse our home of packaged snacks for everyone, not just me, is really a must too. Giving up the Starbucks habit? I’ll work on that another day. Maybe.
In an effort to have more homemade, easy, natural snacks around the house, I’ve made these super simple Apricot Energy Bites!
My parents were sent a giant bag of dried apricots for Christmas and my husband happened to point out that apricots are high in potassium, something he thinks he’s lacking in. Well say no more, I’m making cookies! I mean, energy bites.
I love knowing I don’t have to reach for another handful of store-bought this or that when I’m in need of a snack. And I love that I have a healthy snack option to pack in my husband’s lunches that I know he’ll actually eat.
So let’s break it down, ok? These Apricot Energy Bites are gluten-free and vegan. They are made in minutes by blending the apricots and cashews and a touch of honey in a high-powered blender or food processor. Then you mush in some coconut flour until you have “dough,” roll up some balls, toss um in Vega protein or more coconut flour…voila! I’ve also added hemp hearts to the dough to up that protein.
I’ll admit, I totally dip some of these in peanut butter while I’m snacking. Or throw them on top of a bowl of yogurt. Or nosh on some in the middle of the night when I’m trying to get the babe back to sleep.
Ready to make some? Let’s do it!
- ½ heaping packed cup dried apricots
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbs honey (raw and local is best)*
- 1 Tbs. hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (super fine)
- Vega protein & greens vanilla protein powder (optional) for coating
- In your high-powered blender or food processor, combine the apricots, cashews and honey. Blend until smooth and it resembles a sticky paste.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the hemp hearts and coconut flour. It will take a lot of muscle, but I promise the coconut flour eventually fully mixes in (you can switch to kneading it in with your hands if you want to).
- Roll the apricot dough into teaspoon-sized balls. You can coat them in either more coconut flour or the Vega but I chose Vega to up the protein and greens levels of the bites. Just place a scoop of the powder in a small bowl and roll each bite in the powder, shaking off the excess.
- Finally, freeze the bites for at least 30 minutes or until completely firm, then transfer them to the fridge. Eat them throughout the week when you’re on the go or before a workout! Enjoy!
- Keep extra bites in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can keep them in the freezer for longer if you don’t think you’re snacking on them fast enough.
- *To keep the bites truly "vegan" swap the honey for maple syrup
This is not a sponsored post. Links to Amazon are affiliate links, as always. Cheers! Follow me on Snapchat for some daily fun! mking3000 is my username!