Blueberry Cereal Crispie Bars are like Rice Krispie Treats but ten thousand times better! Four different kinds of cereal combine with freeze dried blueberries for the ultimate treat.
So I had this brilliant idea…
I’d basically make Rice Krispie Treats…
But I’d put in all of my favorite cereals. Lots of cereals.
And blueberries. But not just blueberries…freeze dried blueberries. You can find them at Trader Joe’s or Target and they add flavor without the moisture which makes them perfect for cereal bars. Boom!
The result? Pretty much the most awesome Blueberry Cereal Crispie Bars EVER. They’re so darn good. You’ll die. Because I did. And so did my husband and my mom (who was visiting this weekend).
Yum. That is all. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats (with almonds) cereal
- 1 cup Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup Cornflakes cereal
- 1 cup freeze dried blueberries
- Line an 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large glass, microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the marshmallows are completely melted (use a silicone spatula sprayed with nonstick spray to stir).
- Quickly stir in all of the cereals and blueberries. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish (spray your fingers with nonstick spray to easily press the mixture in). Make sure it is compacted well and even. Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- For thinner treats, use a 9x13" dish instead.
- Store covered with plastic wrap or in a zip-top bag, on the counter for up to one week.
So I think these would be killer with a Thick and Creamy Iced Coffee…
This is not a sponsored post. Any products mentioned in this post are mentioned specifically because I purchased them and used them.