Raw Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies are a super-quick and simple, no bake cookie! After only a few minutes of work, you can be enjoying delicious cookies without turning on the oven.
This weekend was really a good one.
My husband suggested that we drive to the outdoor mall in our area (ie an hour away). Shock! He wanted new clothes and shoes for work and I had a Sephora VIB sale coupon burning a hole in my wallet.
I bought twice as much stuff as I went in there looking for, which is so typical. Head slap. And I’m still really torn on one of my purchases and can’t decide if I’ll keep it or exchange it for something comparable. Anyways, you know that means a Spring Beauty Round Up post is in your near future!
Also, the Lilly Pulitzer line for Target sold out in .0009 seconds and I didn’t get any of it! Totally not cool.
And I made these cookies! Without turning on the oven! Which is a huge perk right now because some days are 85 degrees and turning on the oven fills our house with more heat and strange odors than I can handle (yeah, nothing is better than freshly baked cookies, but I seriously can’t handle that lingering for 2 days).
This recipe for Raw Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies is so simple, so use the best ingredients you can get your paws on. If you love the taste of only one particular almond butter, splurge on that one (hello, Justin’s Vanilla!). If you have a thing for sliced almonds glazed in honey sweetness, definitely use those.
The cookies come together in your food processor in just a matter of seconds. I use my mini food prep and it works perfectly for this recipe.
Then the cookies are scooped out and you can choose how big or small you want them to be. They’ll be pretty rich, so nothing bigger than a Tablespoon is what I recommend.
My Raw Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies are a perfect solution for a hot day when you don’t want to turn on your oven, or for when you need a cookie RIGHT NOW and can’t stand to wait on them. Plus, it’s like eating raw dough, which we all know is the best part. You’re welcome!
- ½ cup almond butter (I used Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter)
- 3 soft Medjool dates
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- ½ cup oats
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. sliced almonds (I used Trader Joe’s Honey Roasted Almonds)
- 2 Tbs. mini chocolate chips
- In your mini food prep or food processor, combine the almond butter and soft dates (if your dates aren’t super soft, let them soak in warm water for 30 minutes before starting). Blend until almond smooth. Next, add the maple syrup and pulse it in. Then add the oats and pulse those in until they’re pretty well broken up, but still a descent size. Finally, add the salt, almonds and chocolate chips, and pulse a few times until they’re stirred in and only slightly broken up.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop out even portions of the dough. I like to use a Tbs scoop, then roll the ball in my hands a few times to make sure it all sticks together. You can leave the cookies in balls, but I like to flatten them a bit with my palm then use a fork to press in a grid pattern on top.
- Cookies can be kept in the fridge for a couple weeks in a well-sealed container, or in the freezer. But seriously, it’s 8 cookies, they’ll be gone in no time.
- To keep the cookies Vegan, use regular sliced almonds instead of honey roasted.