Chai Tea Madeleines from a new cookbook by Barbara Feldman Morse, Madeleines: Elegant French Tea Cakes to Bake & Share, are a fun, super simple cookie. Plus, I have a chance for you to win the cookbook too! Yay!
This is a fun one!
Madeleines! Have you ever had them? I hadn’t until I started flipping through this beautiful book and realized how simple they were. I just had to make some.
Madeleines are those adorable little shell-shaped cookies. Sometimes they’re the classic clam shape, but sometimes they’re swirly shell shapes too. And, if they’re made in my kitchen, they’re shaped like blobs because I attempted baking them in a mini tart pan. They work in any pan, but they’re really so charming if you have a real Madeleine pan.
I don’t think I even really had a need to make Madeleines until I got this book. But, because of Barbara Feldman Morse’s easy 1 bowl method and charming stories (and TONS of flavor options), I knew I had been missing out. Plus, they all have minimal ingredients! I’ve never seen cookies with so few ingredients in the list. Good stuff.
I’d definitely recommend picking up this gift before the madness of Christmas cookie season kicks in. The recipes are so simple and there are so many variations, that you’ll definitely have your cookies tackled in no time.
I started with the Chai Tea Madeleines (and made them gluten free with a gluten free flour blend), but the Espresso Chip Madeleines, Joyful Madeleines (which are a spin on an Almond Joy), Peanut Butter and Jelly Madeleines, and Bananas Foster Madeleines are definitely all calling my name!
*This giveaway is now closed, thank your for your entries!*
Ok! Now for the good stuff. I have a super simple cookie recipe for you…and a chance to win a copy of this cute cookbook. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post (make sure your email address is included in your login) telling me your favorite cookie! That’s it!
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. “chai tea latte mix”
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs. gluten free flour blend (I used Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray mini Madeleine or mini tart pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until melted. Use a whisk to mix in the sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes, until cool.
- Next, whisk in the egg until smooth. Add the honey, chai tea mix and gluten free flour and whisk until completely mixed together and smooth.
- Use a small cookie scoop to distribute batter into your mini Madeleine or mini tart pan (I ended up having enough batter for 15 cookies, so I used 2 pans). Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies look slightly domed on top and golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes, then remove them from the pan (I used a small paring knife to make sure the sides were released and then used a small offset spatula to pop them out of the pans carefully).
- Serve them warm or let them cool completely then store in a ziptop bag.
- Cookies can be kept in a tightly sealed container for 4 days on the counter or in the fridge for a week. If you’d like to keep them longer, keep them in the freezer
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the cookbook for free to review as I please. The giveaway is sponsored by Quirk books. Open to US residents only. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. Cheers.