All Fruit Blueberry Sorbet is my super healthy solution to those “I have to have ice cream right now” situations. Just fruit (and a little splash of something special) means no sugar…and so you can pour as much chocolate sauce on top as you want!
Thank you for your patience! I tried to post this recipe for you yesterday, but I was caught in an ice storm in my attempt to drive back home from a weekend away…I spent the night in the half-way zone and made it home safely this morning. So now you get sorbet. I realize this may seem crazy since it is icy and snowy out, but I’m an ice cream an sorbet girl in any weather.
Blueberry Sorbet! So, this sorbet is made from ALL fruit (ok, vodka doesn’t count). That means, no truck-loads of sugar or weird smoothing gums or whathaveyou. Just blueberries, bananas, a splash of lemon juice (to keep it bright tasting and the color from browning), and that sneaky dash of vodka to keep it creamy and scoopable. And because it is made of all fruit, feel free to douse it in chocolate sauce or warm peanut butter.
This is way more than a guilt-filled dessert. Because seriously, it’s just fruit.
I think the best part is that I made it in a blender and then put it in an ice cream carton to freeze for later. You can eat it right away, but if you put it in the freezer for later, let it sit out for a couple minutes so its perfectly scoopable (the vodka helps SO much with this, so you’re not left with a brick of sorbet).
I used my Twister Jar for my Blendtec* while blending this and it made it SO creamy and smooth without me having to scrape down the sides at all. But if you don’t have a Blendtec, that’s totally fine too! Just make sure you stop and scrape down the sides of your blender a few times so the fruit gets creamy.
This is one of my favorite new recipes for dessert or just for getting your fruit servings in. Enjoy!
- 2 overripe large bananas, frozen*
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tsp. vodka
- Combine the bananas, blueberries and lemon juice in a high-powered blender (I used the Twister Jar of my Blendtec, but this is not necessary). Set your blender on “ice cream” and let it run the cycle; or blend on a high speed until smooth (you may need to stop the blender and scrape it down several times).
- When the sorbet is smooth, add the vodka and pulse a few times to distribute.
- Serve it right now or scoop into an ice cream container to freeze and eat later. Enjoy!
- *to freeze your bananas: peel and break into chunks then freeze in an airtight bag