It’s National Hummus Day!! I’m teaming up with Sabra to celebrate and we’re feasting on a super simple Roasted Garlic Hummus Chicken Salad.
I know that I rarely do savory recipes here, but I just couldn’t help myself when I was given the opportunity to team up with Sabra! Those are the dip Kings and Queens for sure.
I think the most amazing thing about hummus, is that you can find it in SO many flavors, which is what inspired my recipe today.
Because my recipe is 100% pulled together with hummus, the flavor you choose will dictate the flavor of your Chicken Salad! I’ve chosen the Roasted Garlic Hummus, because it has such a bold flavor and that works so well with this dish. I also think it would be amazing with the Lemon Twist Hummus or the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. The possibilities are truly endless.
The hummus is so creamy and keeps this chicken salad moist without adding extra oil, dressing, or mayo! Literally, we’re just using hummus here folks.
What makes it a signature chicken salad, for me, is the dill! Don’t skimp on fresh dill! It’s my favorite fresh herb to use and you can find it in the grocery store with the other fresh herbs. It truly adds something special to chicken salad. My husband and I agree whole-heartedly: no grapes in our chicken salad. I didn’t grow up with it that way, so that’s not the way I make it (or enjoy it), so if that’s your thing, go right ahead and do it (just don’t tell me about it).
I’ve paired my Roasted Garlic Hummus Chicken Salad with various rice crackers to keep the whole dish gluten free, but you can use whatever crackers you like best. My husband ate an entire batch (I had to make 2 batches in one day!) with some fancy poppy seed crackers. Whatever floats your boat!
AND! To celebrate National Hummus Day, Sabra is offering a coupon for $2.00 off a container of hummus! That’s a pretty sweet deal! It’s good for today only, so go ahead and print that out, then stock up and get ready to party!
- 1 cup shredded chicken (1 large breast, already cooked)*
- 3 Tbs. chopped white onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup Roasted Garlic Sabra Hummus
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Use your fingers to shred the chicken breast. Add the onion and dill, then mix in the Hummus, mixing until completely combined. If you need more moisture, add a few Tablespoons more of the hummus, and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more dill.
- Serve with rice crackers for a gluten free appetizer, or any variety of crackers that your guests will enjoy!
- Keep prepared chicken salad in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap, until you're ready to enjoy.
- * I purchased a rotisserie chicken and shredded the breasts. If you buy a small one, use the breast and thigh/leg meat. I like to automatically double the recipe, shredding the whole chicken.
- Try using any variety of Sabra hummus for a change in taste!
Note: This post was sponsored by Sabra. All opinions are 100% my own.