My Dark Chocolate Crunchy Nut Butter Cups are the perfect combination of peanuts and almonds, dark chocolate and sea salt! There’s nothing like homemade versions of your favorite treats that taste even better than the original.
First things first:
Have you watched Mozart in the Jungle?! It’s on Amazon Prime. If you haven’t watched it all, go watch it and come right back…
Ok! OMG are you obsessed?! Tell me all your thoughts!
I watched it all in just a few short days. I guess that’s totally doable when you’re up in the middle of the night feeding an infant and watching at the same time. But I went on a major binge.
I totally remember Gael Garcia Bernal from Y Tu Mama Tambien. That movie was all the rage for being super dirty when I was a teen. So scandalous. Especially for us who were/are bilingual…everyone in my school thought they were so BA for watching it and barely looking at the subtitles. We seriously needed better things to do with ourselves. Anyways…
I never thought I’d love classical music so much, but this show definitely opened me up to it. Granted, I’d still have to be watching it (concert-wise) but now I love! And the mannerisms throughout the show are hilarious!
Ok, now these crazy beautiful, delicious Dark Chocolate Crunchy Nut Butter Cups! I’ll admit, they didn’t last more than two days in my house. With two visitors hanging around when I made them, they disappeared.
A great thing about this recipe, it only has 5 ingredients, including the sea salt for finishing! I whipped them up so quickly. Dangerously quick.
The dark chocolate is perfect with the peanut butter, but the toasted almonds folded in make it so crunchy and delicious! The sea salt finishes it all off and will make you want to pop one after the other into your mouth.
Ok, now get onto both of your assignments: making Dark Chocolate Crunchy Nut Butter Cups and watching my new favorite show…
And then tell me what to watch next!
- 1/3 cup creamy, natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ Tbs. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs. toasted, chopped almonds
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, divided
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter (I used Smucker’s), powdered sugar and almonds. Set aside.
- Grease a mini tart pan or muffin tin with coconut oil. You’ll need 9 greased spaces.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or over a double-boiler, melt 4 ounces of the dark chocolate. Spoon 1 Tbs of the chocolate into each greased spot in the tart pan. Tap the pan on the counter to ensure the chocolate is in an even layer.
- Freeze the first layer for 15 minutes.
- Use a teaspoon to add 1 teaspoon to the middle of each chocolate layer and spread into an even layer (I keep mine pretty much in the center of the chocolate so the top layer of chocolate will encapsulate it).
- Melt the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate. Add 1 Tbs. of the chocolate on top of each of the chocolate-peanut butter layers and use a small spatula to carefully spread out into an even layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes, until completely set. Tap the pan upsidedown on the counter to release the Nut Butter Cups. Sprinkle the tops with sea salt. Eat and enjoy!
- Keep Dark Chocolate Crunchy Nut Butter Cups in the fridge or freezer.