Double Marshmallow Krispie Treats are a softer, more delicious version than the original! You’ll never make Krispie Treats the same old way again.
This past weekend we a friend and his girlfriend visiting for the first time since we moved into our new house! Playing hostess was nerve-wracking yet so fun…
Except a small thing that keeps pinching at me…
Not to complain…
I made multiple meals. Our dishwasher is broken. I made a huge pot of green curry, and our friend said he had never had curry before earlier in the day. So needless to say I was really nervous, because curry is a take it or leave it food, but I knew that my method turns out darn-good results, so I knew I just had to go for it! Well, everyone ate all of it…but not a SINGLE word was said.
How terrible is that?! How much of a mess would you be?! I get not complimenting my scrambled eggs [though they are pretty darn fluffy and amazing if you ask me], though that bothered me too. But dinner went without a single compliment OR complaint too?
Maybe I’m a foodie and I think food is a bigger deal than it is…
Maybe I was raised by the Emily Post family crossed with the manners police family…
But that bothered me. And remember the dishwasher? Yes, I hand washed dishes for the whole weekend…without a single disingenuous offer to assist…
Call me crazy. Guess I’m nit-picking? Let’s just say that I guess I’m just so used to going to peoples’ houses, doing their dishes, gushing over their mad cooking skillz and then sending a thank you note when I get home. [invite me over!]
Ok, now that you hate me [and will probably never visit, though I promise I won’t be judging you after this learning experience]…
I made Double Marshmallow Krispie Treats! [yes, for said weekend]
Covered in sprinkles!
These are super simple, so grab 2 bags of mallows and play along! I’m thinking of even making them to hand to parents of Trick-or-Treaters in my neighborhood. [Or will they just get thrown away because they’re not packaged and thus poisoned?]
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups krisp'd rice cereal (gluten free, you know the stuff)
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- sprinkles (I used 1/2 a bottle...)
- Spray a 9x13" dish with nonstick spray
- In a large (LARGE) pot on your stovetop, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add 1.5 bags of the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Turn off the heat. Add the cereal and stir to combine, then add the last 1/2 bag of marshmallows and stir a few times to distribute them.
- Transfer it all to your prepared 9x13 dish. Spray your hands with nonstick spray and use them to pat down the Treats until level. Generously sprinkle the top with sprinkles. Wipe your hands off (so they're not greasy), and pat the sprinkles into the top of the Treats.
- Let set for 30 minutes. Cut, enjoy!
- These can also be made in the microwave.
- Krispie treats can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter for a week.
- (pictures may appear different than what you make because I added an extra cup of cereal, but to make them extra gooey just follow the recipe)