My Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana Bites are a fun, super simple treat for those hot Summer days. They’re fun to dip, roll in toppings and freeze for an anytime treat.
When it comes to torching-hot, impossibly humid summer days, nothing beats a frozen treat. And for some reason, I’ve been hooked on staring at pictures of Disneyland treats lately, because I haven’t been there since I was a little kid.
This is kind of embarrassing, really. Because it isn’t a “recipe”, it’s more of a method. But that’s the best, right? SO easy, and SO good. And just looking at them reminds me of Mickey Mouse. Priceless.
I definitely encourage you to be adventurous with your toppings! I chose to mix together toasted and untoasted coconut, some of my favorite granola, and yummy honey roasted almonds, chopped up very fine! But these would also be amazing with salted peanuts, cacao nibs, mini white chocolate chips…endless possibilities.
Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana Bites are such a fun treat to put together with kids. They’re also just fun to do in a spare moment. Just be careful, because somehow I ended up with chocolate all over my face by the time I was done…I have no clue how that happened.
- 2 large bananas
- ½ cup dark or semisweet chocolate
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (toasted, not, or both)
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup chopped honey roasted almonds
- Have a pan lined with parchment paper ready.
- In the microwave or in a double-boiler, melt the chocolate slowly so it stays glossy.
- Cut your bananas in 1-2” chunks. Dip each chunk into the chocolate, then roll in a topping. Set the finished banana on the parchment. Dip each piece and roll in a topping until you’ve finished the bananas.
- Put the pan of finished banana chunks in the freezer. Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight. Place in a plastic bag to keep in the freezer for snacking! Enjoy!