Tahini Stuffed Dates are the perfect treat. They’re so simple to make, with only 4 ingredients. They’re like a perfect truffle, without all of the added sugar!
Tahini Stuffed Dates aren’t a new thing, at least in my kitchen they aren’t. I’ve been pitting Medjool dates, stuffing them to the brim with nut butter of any kind and noshing away for a few years now!
It all started as pre-workout fuel for me. It turned into a bedtime treat. Then it morphed into a pregnancy binge. And now it’s a midday treat. Whatever the reason, it’s a damn tasty bite!
I just didn’t realize you’d want to see them! To be honest, dates are pretty ugly. They’re like my dirty little secret. Ugly little things. But so darn good.
And I know a lot of people say they can’t stand them! Sorry, we must not be friends. But stuffed with nut butter, who wouldn’t love them?!
I’m choosing to share these Tahini Stuffed Dates with you finally, because I realized that dipping them in chocolate and sprinkling them with goodies makes them MUCH more appealing to the masses. Come one come all! You’re welcome.
Here’s why it works: tahini is bitter, dates are incredibly sweet, dark chocolate is slightly bitter, nuts are savory, salt is…salty. That looks like a balanced out bite for sure, right?
If you’re not a tahini fan, certainly try these stuffed with peanut butter or almond butter, it’s totally your choice. But the sweet and hint of bitter is one of my favorite combos. Kind of like halva, yes?
These Tahini Stuffed Dates come together in a snap. Make a few or make a ton. You just stuff the dates, freeze them so they’re easier to dip in chocolate, dip them (the chocolate hardens almost instantly when the dates are cold!), sprinkle the tops with chopped pistachios and sea salt and voila!
Side note: a sprinkling of toasted coconut would also be bomb.
Like I mentioned, these are perfect anytime. But I love the idea of packing a few in a lunch box or even in your travel bag. I also love them as a pre-workout fuel, if you choose to forgo the chocolate. Or don’t. It’s all good.
Now, let’s make them!
- 8 large Medjool dates, pits removed
- 4-8 tsp. tahini
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- 2 Tbs. chopped pistachios
- sea salt
- First, stuff each of the dates until they are full with tahini (½-1tsp. each). Freeze the dates for 20-30 minutes so the tahini isn’t easily leaking out.
- Melt your chocolate (either over a double-boiler or in the microwave). Dip each stuffed date in the chocolate and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Sprinkle the tops with chopped pistachios and sea salt. Return to the freezer to harden the chocolate.
- Eat as you please!
- Save extra melted chocolate by pouring it into an ice cube tray and freezing it!