Call it Reindeer Munch Mix, Christmas Trash, Winter Snack Mix…whatever you wish. This festive holiday snack mix is so simple and way too addictive! All of your favorite crunchy, squishy and sweet treats all in one bowl and covered in holiday “snow.” This gluten-free snack will be your family’s new favorite holiday tradition!
I don’t think I’ve heard the words “I’m so cold” used in one week in my entire life. And I’m pretty sure they were mostly out of my mouth!
I’m sure I sound like a big baby to you northerners, but seriously, BELOW ZERO is so freaking cold. The inside of my nose freezes the second I step outside. Is there a way to wrap up your whole face so you don’t get hit by a breeze?
The only thing motivating me to step foot outside is another game piece on my Starbucks for Life game board. Hashtag marketing sucker.
Besides that, I’ve been overdosing on Christmas music and making lots of holiday treats. My mom has been wrangling Canaan for me so I can restock the kitchen with sweets, and that is just fine by me!
I made this big batch of Reindeer Munch Mix and it disappeared so quickly! But there’s good reason: it’s AHmazing.
It’s crunchy, it’s sweet, it has almonds and cranberries….it looks like a bowl of holiday cheer! This mix is seriously so dangerously simple too.
Basically, you are throwing together some gluten-free Chex and Cheerios, some squishy marshmallows and low-sugar craisins, tossing in a few toasted almonds and gluten-free pretzels, then you cover it all in melty Ghirardelli white chocolate candy coating and unsweetened coconut! DONE. It sets up in minutes and is ready to eat!
It’s so addictive! If you make a batch to gift to your neighbors or family in cute little cellophane bags, you better make an extra batch just for yourself. You’ll be kicking yourself if you didn’t!
Oh, and this probably shouldn’t even be said…but don’t feed it to reindeer. Eye roll.
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 ½ cups gluten free pretzels
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- ½ cup low sugar dried cranberries
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups (10oz) Ghirardelli white chocolate candy coating wafers
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels, almonds, cranberries and marshmallows.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the chocolate on 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the snack mix and work quickly, mixing it all together using a silicone spatula. Finally, sprinkle the coconut in as you're mixing so it is coating the snack mix.
- Spread the finished mix on the cookie sheet. Let the chocolate set up.
- Once it is set, pour it into a bowl to serve!
- You can keep the snack mix in an air-tight bowl on the counter for 5 days.