Remember my Lemon Cream Pie Oats? Yeah, me too. I think about them a lot!
But lately, I’ve had a different citrus pie on my mind.
Yup, I want it. Bad. So, because pie is best for breakfast (right?) and eating a big bowl of cold, creamy, flavorful oats is the nutritional route you know you should go…it’s time for some Key Lime Pie Oats!
I did’t truly appreciate Key Lime Pie until a year ago. I always thought I didn’t like it. Crazy! Until I tried it…and totally died! I ate a Key Lime Pie Tart from a downtown bakery, and I’ve been smitten ever since.
In fact, I love it so much, that when we were given a free dessert the night my fiance and I got engaged, although chocolate was my first instinct, when I saw Key Lime Pie on the menu, that’s what I got! Yes, I ate Key Lime Pie the night I got engaged.
Maybe all this wedding planning is making me reminisce about that night? Maybe I just really want some pie! Whatever the reason, these oats were definitely the way to go!
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 tsp. Stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
- zest from 2 key limes
- juice from 1 key lime
- ¼ tsp. butter extract
- ¼ tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. toasted unsweetened coconut
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the oats, water, and almond milk. Microwave until the oats are almost fully cooked (just slightly runny).
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, Stevia, lime zest, lime juice, and extracts. Place in the fridge to set overnight.
- In the morning, fluff the oats and top with toasted coconut. If you’d like, add a splash more of almond milk and Stevia. Enjoy!
Strike up a conversation: Doesn’t Key Lime Pie just make you think of Spring? Are you a fan of Key Lime like I am? You definitely need to try this breakfast!!