Key Lime Pie Overnight oats are sure to be your new favorite breakfast. Creamy, sweet, tart and delicious, just like pie…but SO much healthier!
Remember my Lemon Cream Pie Oats? Yeah, me too. I think about them a lot!
But lately, I’ve had a different citrus pie on my mind.
Yup, I want it. Bad. So, because pie is best for breakfast (right?) and eating a big bowl of cold, creamy, flavorful oats is the nutritional route you know you should go…it’s time for some Key Lime Pie Oats!
I did’t truly appreciate Key Lime Pie until a year ago. I always thought I didn’t like it. Crazy! Until I tried it…and totally died! I ate a Key Lime Pie Tart from a downtown bakery, and I’ve been smitten ever since.
In fact, I love it so much, that when we were given a free dessert the night my fiance and I got engaged, although chocolate was my first instinct, when I saw Key Lime Pie on the menu, that’s what I got! Yes, I ate Key Lime Pie the night I got engaged.
Maybe all this wedding planning is making me reminisce about that night? Maybe I just really want some pie! Whatever the reason, these oats were definitely the way to go!
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 tsp. Stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
- zest from 2 key limes
- juice from 1 key lime
- ¼ tsp. butter extract
- ¼ tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. toasted unsweetened coconut
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the oats, water, and almond milk. Microwave until the oats are almost fully cooked (just slightly runny).
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, Stevia, lime zest, lime juice, and extracts. Place in the fridge to set overnight.
- In the morning, fluff the oats and top with toasted coconut. If you’d like, add a splash more of almond milk and Stevia. Enjoy!
Strike up a conversation: Doesn’t Key Lime Pie just make you think of Spring? Are you a fan of Key Lime like I am? You definitely need to try this breakfast!!
SEPTEMBER 2016: I hope to have new photos soon for this recipe! It has continued to be one of my site’s most popular recipes and deserves a face lift, right? Enjoy!