For my cookies this year, I just had to make these Cranberry Walnut Coconut Macaroons! They’ve been rolling around in my head for a couple years now, so it was about darn time that I whipped them up.
I’ll admit, one of the most fun things about giving cookies as gifts is the packaging! I went shopping for all of my packaging (and the wrapping stuffs for all of my Christmas gifts) way before I even had any gifts for my friends and family! All about the presentation.
Wrapping cookies in pretty paper, rustic raffia and adding festive jingle bells make your cookies look extraordinary.
Here’s a look at the three cookie packages I received:
1. AMAZING Bourbon, Brown Butter, & Vanilla Bean Shortbread from Lindsay herself.
These cookies were everything and more. Crazy delicate yet hearty shortbread cookies, laced with vanilla bean and then…a shot of bourbon! Yum! She’s brilliant. Of course. I stashed them in the freezer so my husband wouldn’t find them and eat them all. Sheesh, the things we ladies do to survive (yes, cookies are pertinent to my survival).
2. SINFUL Salted Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies from Billy.
Can I just say I’m totally obsessed with Billy now? Like, screaming, arms waving, crazy. These cookies were so incredibly moist and tender and full of flavor. Plus, um, can we talk about how he made brown sugar to include in the package and it’s the right amount to make the cookies myself?! Obsessed. “Hug a scoop of ice cream”?! Um, how about YES and hug YOU!
I haven’t felt this way about another blogger in (well I won’t confess how long because sometimes I go through days where I want to be best friends with everyone I stumble upon, because they’re all brilliant!)… anyways, I hope he likes me too! I want to be his best friend! Not just friend, best friend.
3. YUMMY Cherry and White Chocolate Macadamia Oat Cookies from Monique.
Now onto my Cranberry Walnut Coconut Macaroons! Huzzah!
By the way, I don’t know why I’ve been saying “huzzah” so much lately. My mind is stuck in Medieval Times apparently. It just pops out of my mouth…fingers…
- 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbs. water
- ½ cup melted white chocolate (Candy Melts or Almond Bark)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and water. Use a whisk to whisk them together until frothy (2-3 min). Then, add the sugar, salt, and coconut extract and whisk them together. Finally, add the coconut, walnuts and cranberries and stir until completely combined.
- Use a cookie scoop (1 Tbs) to scoop up the cookie mixture (pack it in with your fingers) and drop cookies on the cookie sheet (the cookies won’t expand, so you can place them 1-2 inches apart). Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack. After they are cooled, dip the bottoms in melted white chocolate, then place them on a piece of parchment to set (approximately 30 min). Enjoy!
- Cookies will keep for 1 week in a tightly sealed container in the fridge, or for 3 days in a container on the counter.
What kind of cookies are you making for the Holiday season?! If you participated in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap too, what kind did you make/receive?!