I’ve been wanting to make homemade Crepes for awhile now.
Now was not that time.
Sometimes you see a pre-made Crepe and you just have to go with it.
Crepes always look so fancy. They’re the epitome of brunch. I think it’s easy to see a Crepe on a menu and think, holy cow I have to have that because I’ll NEVER make it at home!
But when the Crepe is already made, well heck you’re 90% there! And frankly, there’s no shame in that sometimes. Especially when you go through the effort to make a killer filling. When you make one of those fillings that has people saying “OMG you’re the most amazing cook ever…” well, then a little pre-made Crepe wouldn’t kill anyone.
The cool thing about buying them pre-made is that you can choose to make just 1-2 servings and save the rest for another day. Another cool thing? You don’t start making them, find them impossible to flip, destroy your batch of Crepes, and storm off screaming and resort to cereal for breakfast, again. This way, you actually finish the entire endeavor!
And you look impressive. Did I mention that? Bust out the bubbly! It’s time for mimosas because you just made Pomegranate Cheesecake Crepes! Whoop!
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbs. pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp. honey (or to taste)
- 3-4 Tbs. pomegranate arils
- 3-4 pre-made Crepes*
- Topping: Pomegranate arils and honey
- Gently warm up your pre-made Crepes. (you can microwave them for 10 seconds)
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, Mascarpone cheese, pomegranate juice and honey. Carefully whisk together until completely combined. Taste the mixture and add a bit more honey if you desire.
- Transfer the mixture to a zip-top bag and snip the corner (like a piping bag). Pipe a generous amount down the center of a folded-over Crepe, sprinkle on 1 Tbs. of pomegranate arils, then roll up the Crepe. Repeat with the other 2-3 Crepes until your filling is gone.
- To finish, drizzle more honey and sprinkle more pomegranate arils over the rolled up Crepes. Enjoy immediately!
- *I purchased pre-made Crepes at Whole Foods
- You can make the cheesecake filling up to 2 days ahead of time, keeping it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
PS This filling would be amazing on waffles…or French Toast…or pancakes…